Friday, June 22, 2012

My Hopes

I hope that I can use my experiences, my training, my research and study, and my prayer and meditation to be a source of help for others.  That is why I write these posts.  Some of what you read is original on the day I write it.  A fair bit of what you read has come from two different manuscripts developed (but not finished) over the last two and a half years.  Perhaps one or more books will come out of these materials.  We'll see.

I hope that I can earn at least a part of my living at some point in the future as a coach and consultant.  Some folks need a bereavement counselor.  If you do, please seek one out as soon as possible.  Some of us would have done better with a bereavement coach.  The difference is that the counselor rightly seeks to address the pathologies that come with grieving.  As a coach I want to help you build on your strengths to move forward into the new life that has been thrust upon you.

I am developing my coaching practice in line with the theology and psychology of hope.  I have been offering services for free to a few initial clients.  Now I am ready to begin offering services for fees.  I can share the outline of my coaching process with anyone who might be interested.  I am looking forward to providing life, work, bereavement and conflict coaching face to face, by phone, by Skype and by email or chat.

I hope that I can earn at least part of my living at some point as a contract mediator.  I have begun that work with the Concord Center here in Omaha.  I look forward to additional affiliation and a broader practice both in the public world of mediation centers and in the private world of individual clients.  I am particularly interested in developing a practice in Eldercare mediation, a growing subfield in the larger discipline of Alternative Dispute Resolution.

And I hope that in the above ways and in other ways  I can continue to serve our Lord Jesus to speak good news to those without hope and to walk alongside them as one who has known both despair and joy.

Oh, and I hope that some of you continue to click on the ads on this site.  Thanks so much to those of you who have done so.  My blog has now earned enough that at some point I can buy two gallons of gas!

My writing and reflection continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always glad to hear from YOU!