Monday, June 4, 2012

Why I Am Doing This

So, I'm twenty thousand words or so into this blog.  Some of it is writing that has happened in the last month.  Some of it is material from a book I started a year ago.  What do I want to accomplish?

First, if I can be helpful and supportive to any grieving person, then I am grateful to God to be used in that way.

Second, I am at a point where I can process all of this better.  Writing helps me do that.  Knowing I have readers motivates me to continue.  So thank you all!

Third, I would like to offer bereavement coaching in person or by phone to anyone who might find that useful.  I didn't want counseling.  I wanted to talk to someone who could be a guide, who had been there and knew at least some of the landscape ahead.  I'd like to be that partner on the journey for others.

Fourth, I would look forward to giving talks and leading classes on "Choosing Hope."  This material has, in many ways, saved my life in the midst of loss.  I'd like to share it with others who are seeking a new identity, a path to the future, and new reasons for living day by day.  Those are the elements of real hope.  And the foundation of those elements, for me and all Christians, is the good news of Resurrection.  New Life is not only possible.  It is what we expect.

Fifth, at some point I would like to put this material together in a book.  Whether it will be self-published like my previous books or published "for real," is not clear.  But I hope I can share this in a clearer, more systematic way in the future.

So, I share what I think at this point.  If you find it useful, you could do two things for me.  If you aren't too bothered by the idea, you could click on a sidebar add now and then.  I get a small payment when someone does that.  And if you have the time and energy, you could contribute some comments and feedback that would help me to continue to learn from this process and refine what I am sharing.

Thanks for reading, for your prayers, and your love.  God bless you in your own hope-filled choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always glad to hear from YOU!